Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bengies Top 10 2011

Where's my list for 2011? I've been asking myself that for months, as the Bengies season went on and on, into December. It turned out I did not see any of the last several week's shows, but just in case, I held off on this top ten list until the actual last regularly scheduled program.

For reference, the 2010 list is in a story called Bengies 2010, Top 10, and More . Prior year lists are in one post: Lists of Movies That Played at The Bengies, including over 10 years of shows I've seen there.

For 2011, I made it to a lot of weekends, including most of the two dusk-to-dawn shows. Without further ado, my top 10 list - movies that I saw at the Bengies this year:



  1. Cowboys and Aliens
  2. Source Code
  3. Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
  4. Thor
  5. Harry Potter
  6. Green Lantern
  7. Captain America
  8. Puss In Boots
  9. Dolphin Tale
  10. The Help


Also rans: Contagion, Kung Fu Panda 2, Conan The Barbarian, Rango, Cars 2, Abduction, Hanna


Sat through, just to see them, not very special: Pirates of the Caribbean IV, Transformers 3, Super 8, others to remain nameless

( https://picasaweb.google.com/112896995335139127438/Bengies )

































Last year I worked up a list of every movie that played at the Bengies, from the email announcements. I haven't gotten there for 2011; I still might, but it means reading every one of the 40 or so over again, culling out the duplicates, pressing my memory for "did I stay all the way through?" I might yet. Just not today.

No comments: