Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Global warming articles in Scientific American

I'm keeping my subscription to SciAm. Every month there is more news and scientifically supported theories and opinions that scares the willies out of me. Here are a couple online links related to actions I'm trying to take to cut down my energy overeating.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=green-buildings-may-be-cheapest-way-to-slow-global-warming

"... 'green building[s]' ... represents only 2 percent of the commercial edifices in the U.S. and 0.3 percent of new homes."

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=combating-climate-change-building-better-wasting-less

"... New York City emits roughly the same amount of GHGs as the entire country of Ireland and contributes 1 percent of total U.S. emissions ..."

from Scientific American Online

The hard copy has an article called "Digital Diet" concerning the information industry and the huge increases in heating and cooling requirements to slake our data thirst. I googled "Google Energy Conservation" just now and got 8 hits. Sad but true.

No comments: