Thursday, June 19, 2008

Packed and pretty much ready to hit the trail

I have been getting ready for this trip for more than 6 months, having heard about a national service project in 2007, getting my OA lodge to sign off on my application at training in December. For a while I thought I missed the opportunity but I was given a staff position.

Tomorrow I'll drive 250 miles or so, ending up at Goshen Scout Reservation, where our troop was 2 years ago and where our CIO was a Boy Scout (a few years earlier).

The picture isn't as nice as the covers of the Complete Walker that I've daydreamed over for years, but it's a reasonable facsimile.

I had my car serviced to help avoid an untimely breakdown but the mechanic was not able to fix an intermittent light. He did find the short is under the dash, and gave me the helpful workaround of hitting the dash.

I think that's how this trip is going to go.

(still home for 12 hours)

No comments: